Published Works by Valerie Cooksley, RN, OCN, FAAIM
Valerie Cooksley, is a Holistic Nurse, Clinical Aromatherapist, Educator and acclaimed Author of eight natural health books and is a frequent writer for massage, nursing and aromatherapy publications. Valerie has appeared on numerous television and radio shows sharing her passion for natural health and holistic therapies.
Valerie is Co-founder and Director of Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy in Houston, Texas, Instructor for the Integrative Aromatherapy® Certificate Program and President of Flora Medica Wellness Company. Ms. Cooksley is a certified Lifestyle Educator in addition to holds six (6) aromatherapy certifications. She is the Regional Chapter Leader for the American Holistic Nurses Association and teaches the Foundations of Holistic Nursing Course through the AHNA. She is Founder of the Houston Holistic Network, Advisory Board member of the Aromatherapy Registration Council, the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy Educational Committee member and Fellow of The American Association of Integrative Medicine.
Valerie’s constant zeal for holistic education directs her to study with the most prominent integrative physicians and practitioners worldwide. In addition to her extensive holistic background, Ms. Cooksley’s clinical experience in nursing specialized in Infectious Diseases, Oncology, and Public Health. Valerie has instructed for both the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society and is certified in emergency response and triage in catastrophic disasters as a FEMA Community Emergency Response Team member for the greater Houston area.
Valerie is at the forefront of progressive change within the fields of aromatherapy and holistic nursing as well as health education and coaching. She is a Certified Therapeutic Lifestyle Educator and has a certification in Raw Food Nutrition Science.
Natural Health Books authored by Valerie Cooksley
1. Seaweed: Nature’s Secret to Balancing Your Metabolism, Fighting Disease and Revitalizing Body and Soul, Stewart, Tabori & Chang, NY, 2007.
2. Healing Home Spa, Penguin Putnam Inc., 2003.
3. Feel Good Remedies, Reader’s Digest Association, Inc., 2003.
4. Aromatherapy: Soothing Remedies to Restore, Rejuvenate and Heal, Prentice Hall Press, 2002.
5. Comforting Scents: Your Personal Aromatherapy Journal, Simon and Schuster, 1998.
6. Aromatherapy: A Lifetime Guide to Healing with Essential Oils, Prentice Hall, 1996.
7. Natural Healing with Aromatherapy, Prentice Hall, 1996.
8. Healing Secrets of Essential Oils: A Practical Guide to Healing Common Health Problems, Prentice Hall, 1996.
The Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy’s Integrative Aromatherapy® Certificate Program, Two-volume Manual (500+ p)
Beginnings, A Journal of the AHNA
International Journal of Aromatherapy, Harcourt International
Essential Oils and Cancer, Terra Linda Scent and Image
Doctor’s Remedies for Natural Health, Rodale Press
New Choices in Natural Healing for Women, Rodale Press
The Women’s Encyclopedia of Natural Healing, Rodale Press
Valerie has made numerous media appearances on national television and radio stations speaking on natural health topics and educating the public on the health benefits and safe practices regarding essential oil therapy and botanicals. Appearances include theGenesis of Healing series, America’s Talking, CNBC, KIRO News at Noon, Seattle, Evolving Ideas, PAX TV, Olympia as well as Gary Null’s Natural Living, and the nationally syndicated Here’s to Your Health radio show.
Valerie has presented at the following venues:
· Scientific Conferences
· Nursing Conferences
· Aromatherapy conferences
· Community College lectures
· Hospital seminars
· Natural Healing Symposiums
· Herbal Society Events
· Gardening Events
· American Cancer Society conferences
· Private company conferences and training events
· Numerous Bookstore events
· Numerous public libraries and parks and recreation departments
An authority on aromatherapy, holistic nursing and integrative therapies, Ms. Cooksley is available to speak with the media and may be reached via email: